1.31.2011

Fill in for January (incl. Dress-up Submission)

Pictures! here are some projects I completed....
These photos are by Susan Wolfe, you can find more of her gorgeous work on facebook.  This is the submission to the Lawrence Art Guild's Globally Green show
The elements being Air, Water, Earth, Fire, Earth, Water, and Air
Malissa Martin-Wilke, Karen Roberts, Jill Tichenor and myself each composed an element, shared portions of the preliminary piece with each other and then built these prayer flags for the composite piece: Earthly Prayers



Close-up of the charred wood integrated into the fire panel.

I did, indeed finish 20 basset hound dogs in winter coats christmas cards for my father (late late late xmas present)

The dress-up challenge for january was inspired by impressionism... i posted all the pictures and process descriptions on the MacKomics Studio Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/Liza.D.MacKinnon) but here are a few teaser pics...



I also developed a series of valentine cards that are currently for sale on my etsy site: MacKomicsStudio.etsy.com, at The Raven and the Merc in Lawrence, and Brightside Gallery in KC








This last one is actually a set of 5 and was my first etsy sale ever!!

I also developed some vinyl valentines - painted record albums in preparation for my show at Parisole Arts on Feb 4th First Friday.

This one will be donated to benefit the Ronald McDonald House in KC.

Always a happy past time for me is making hair accessories... I came up with a bunch of cuties just for valentine's day... here are a few.. many more have not been photographed yet...


many more can be viewed at MacKomicsStudio.etsy.com or on Facebook!
I'll try to be more timely next month!
ttfn

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an amazing body of work. You are prolific!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...