10.30.2011

ArtWalk 2011

This weekend was the 2011 ArtWalk! What a great bunch of visitors and new friends!  This year was a THREE day extravaganza of beautiful mixed media assemblages and encaustic compositions on my front porch by the always lovely Tami Clark.  In addition, I transformed entire inside of my house into a gallery for my art and silly concoctions.  The weather was PERfect!  We had the doors open all day and visitors enjoyed good company, homemade bread and cookies and yummy hot beverages.  Thanks to all who participated in the ArtWalk!

Last week at Tending to the Pilot Light, we made these tiny shrines to lost loved ones or to honor the dead in general....

Here are some pictures of the incredibly creative structures that my incredibly talented students came up with!





























Here is the little shrine I made to my much missed Bonnie Liberte...



Here is what the living room looked like on Thursday night, prior to class....




















and here is what it looked like transformed into a gallery for this weekend!

















Cool, eh?! The amazing transformer living room...

Anyway, as soon as there are more pictures available from the weekend, I'll post them here.  In the meantime, have a great week!
Cheers,
Liza

3 comments:

Thanks for the note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...