11.13.2011

October Dress-up Catch-up submission!

You'd think that since I'm the hostess of the Dress-up 2011, I would be able to keep up with all the other fabulous participants... alas, this has not yet proved to be true!

However, I have just completed October: Steam Punk and have more than half the month to finish November: Classical or NeoClassical....can I catch up with you guys?

I borrowed some style from the impeccable Mr. John Peacock (again) and modeled my dress loosely on this illustration:


Next, I checked out this fantastic book from the Lawrence Public Library on the history of clocks and time keeping devices through out history:





















Have I mentioned how much I love my job? You'd think that I just now discovered the riches a library can hold... more like renewing an old love I suppose... It's just as exciting to search and discover information as when I was set loose to roam the Boulder Public Library when I was very young.

But I digress, back to the project...
Here are just a few of the 20 or so pages i bookmarked for the project:




























So much artistry and engineering and precision went into the completed pieces - even the illustrations are stunning.

I had great plans to incorporate steam engines and clock works and all sorts of steam punk/sci fi stylings into this dress, but became enamoured with just the clocks and filigrees and gears and wheels....










































She's about 17 inches tall; white colored pencil and white acrylic paint on black craft paper.

I hope you like her!

Have a great week
Creatively yours,
Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...